Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Student Voice using Google Forms

    
     So insane to think that the school year is halfway over. As the days go by, I realize that I needed to change up how I taught my math. I was doing whole group instruction regularly, and realized that I was not addressing all my student's needs. I created "math workshops" for our classroom. We tried it out Monday and successfully did it for the last 4 days of school. 

     This morning, I decided that I needed to make sure that what I was doing, was benefiting my students. If I was going to completely change how they were learning the math concepts, I wanted to make sure it was working. Teaching a group of 4th graders, I want them to realize they have a voice and an opinion. It was an opportunity to use my favorite Google Forms! I created a form that allowed my students to tell me if they liked math workshops, what their favorite rotation was and least favorite rotation. I also asked them if they had any questions, comments or concerns. 

     As the students finished their surveys, we reviewed the results and overall, I am very happy with the outcome. Prepping and worrying about how it would all work was totally worth it, as I had all 23 happy with doing math workshops. Some students said they like how organized it is, they learn "faster" and are able to do many different math things. 

     Here's to another week of math workshops and hopefully, things getting easier to plan out with it. Even with PLC, short Wednesday and short Friday afternoon, I was able to get it done everyday! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment