Pages

Friday, January 15, 2016

Classroom Reveal...Better Late than Never

     Happy New Year! As the 2nd half of our school year begins, so does my teacherpreneur dreams! In addition to my business goals, I have some blogging goals as well. In order for me to accomplish them, I have to start somewhere. What better place to start, than sharing my classroom with my readers! 
     When I did my student teaching back in Washington, I worked in a 5th grade classroom. I was always inspired by another 5th grade teacher at the school. Her classroom was always comforting, welcoming and homey. Never did she turn on a light in the classroom, her room was filled with string lights and lamps. She had pillows and chairs for students to use, it seemed like a place for students to feel welcome and comfortable. I always hoped that one day, my classroom would be the same. 
     Fast forward like 5 years later, and I feel like I have started to accomplish that classroom environment of my own! It's my 3rd year teaching and I have students that were in my class last year come to visit. They are so jealous that they never got what my students have now. They ask me, "do you ever turn your lights on?" "Do you use your yoga balls?" "How come they get pillows and chairs?" 
     Students aren't the only ones commenting, many teachers have stopped by throughout the year saying that they wish they were in my class. When they walk by, they feel comforted and relaxed. My reading coach commented that my classroom was like a "Bath and Body Works" :). 
     Walk in in the morning, you will hear classical music playing via my iPad through the TV. You will smell the warming scents of the holidays (I can't let them go yet) through my Scentsy. On the rare occasions that I do turn the lights on, my current students question "what's wrong and why are the lights on?" 
     Here's a few pictures of my classroom, don't mind the mess :) I hope you enjoy! 

View from the classroom door. I have 3 groups of 8 students. 

Part of our classroom library and the morning check in. Students use Popsicle sticks to check hot lunch or lunch from home. 

Reading focus wall, vocabulary words, and word wall. 

Science wall, homework turn in folders and my small groups area. 

My hidden desk :) As well as our math area- not used as much as I would like, but I still have time to perfect that. 

Computer area, schedule and our classroom iPad.

Front of the classroom, with my white board/chalk board. This is the desk I use throughout the day. 

View of the classroom from my teacher desk. Note our stability balls, we received 7 of them through a Donors choose grant and my kids love using them. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment